Video: Lenovo's newest liquid cooling technology, Neptune
If you thought the existing Thinkpad P52 was a beast, wait until you get a look at what Lenovo will cram into the updated model:
- 6-core Intel Core or Xeon processor
- Nvidia Quadro P3200 graphics
- 128GB of DDR4 RAM
- Up to 6TB of PCIe SSD storage
- 15.6-inch display with a 4K resolution
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 ports (along with three USB-A ports, HDMI 2.0, SC card reader, and Ethernet)
How much will all this awesomeness cost? Lenovo hasn't yet unveiled the price, but I'm guessing that if you need to ask the price, this isn't the laptop for you.
Bear in mind that this is the sky's the limit spec, and a tamer spec system priced around the $1,000 mark will be offered for us mere mortals.
While you or I might not need -- I said need, not want -- this sort of hardware at our disposal, there are niche markets for high-powered mobile workstations with crazy amounts of RAM. Lenovo is targeting the Thinkpad P52 at VR/AR developers and those dabbling with heavy-duty AI projects and the like.
- Apple products you shouldn't buy (June 2018 edition)
- iOS 12/watchOS 5/tvOS 12: Which devices are supported?
- How to download and install iOS 12 beta
- Your iPhone is tracking your movements and storing your favorite locations all the time
- iPhone battery life bad after installing iOS 11.4? Here's what you can do
- iOS 11.4 tips, tricks, and secrets everyone should know
- The coolest USB flash drive you can buy: Apricorn Aegis Secure Key 3z
- iOS tips: What to do when you run out of storage on your iPhone or iPad